In 2005 the foundation initiated a program of independent assessment of universities. The aim of the project is to identify universities with the most popular disciplines in the labour-market. Independent rating meets the needs of employers and the expectations of students.
During seven years of the project more than 65 assessments have been conducted. Since 2012, the project has been implemented in cooperation with rating agency "Expert - RA".
- 2005 The rating of the leading Moscow universities is compiled and large-scale research of the public perception of the quality of higher education in the Volga Federal District was conducted
- 2006 A comparison of 129 regional universities in the five areas of training was compiled
- 2007 An extensive regional study, "Public Assessment of the Higher Education Quality of the Southern Russia Universities”, was conducted. The first stage of the "Jurisprudence at Universities of Moscow" project and the "Results of entrance campaign 2007 through the eyes of first-year students" study were released. The traditional ranking of Moscow universities on tuition fees was published
- 2008 For the first time Russia was included in the "Global Ranking of World Universities", two major research projects on the quality of higher education were conducted and "Education of Russian Elite Representatives" was published
- 2009 The list of Russian universities in various categories was compiled
- 2010 Several ratings in various categories were made: The cost of training in 2010/2011 per academic year (40 universities, focused on high-tech industries) The level of achievements of elite Russian graduates (state-government, business, education) The national universities rating
- 2012 The main rating factors were defined and the line of private rankings was made out: Russian university ranking in terms of the quality of education Ranking of the most popular Russian universities among employers Ranking of Russian universities in terms of tuition cost Ranking of Russian universities in terms of innovation activity
The project has global development plans: it is planned to rank the leading universities of the CIS in 2013, and to prepare an international ranking of universities in 2015.
Since 2005, more than $1.8 mln have been invested in this project.