The Foundation implements grant programs jointly with the Foundation of National Science Support (FNSS). This collaboration focuses on awarding grants to researchers working for the institutions of the Russian Academy of Sciences and leading universities in all regions of the country.
- “The Outstanding Scientists: Candidates And Doctors Of Science" (56 scientists, 450 PhDs, 1400 candidates)
- “The Best Graduates of RAS and the Leading Russian Universities" (750 graduates of leading universities and post-graduates of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- “A Nuclear Physicist" (12 professors, 12 docents and 50 students from the leading universities in the field of civil nuclear energy)
- “The Best Economists of RAS" (36 PhDs and 102 candidates)
- “The Best Managers of the Russian Academy of Sciences” (15 grants for science organizers at the RAS institutes, developing the most effective communication of Russian science and industry in market conditions))
As the result of grant support more than 400 graduates defended their Ph.D. theses, more than 700 candidates presented doctoral theses, and about 30 doctors were elected as corresponding members of the Russian Academy of Sciences. In total, $218 mln was invested in these programs.
Two years ago the Foundation of National Science Support (FNSS) launched a new grant programme to support young scientists and developers of projects in strategic areas of science and famous scientists who author textbooks in the field of power engineering, perspective materials, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, physics, space, and technology. The Foundation has allocated $256,000 to these projects.
In 2013-2014, the Volnoe Delo will support the "Searching Grants to Young Scientists in the Strategic Areas of Science and High Technologies", a grant programme of FNSS. Under this programme, grants will be allocated for research projects into new materials and devices, as well as the development of new technologies for space applications.