Since 2003, the Foundation implemented a programme of regional development in the Ust-Labinsk district of Krasnodar region.
This area is where Oleg Deripaska hails from.
Also, through its projects the Foundation promotes the development of cities where Basic Element companies and enterprises are present. Pikalevo became a trial town to test various models of these programmes. Pikalevo is a single-industry town, dependent on the activity of several large enterprises, which employ the majority of residents.
The Foundation project on the development of single-industry towns was launched in 2012 and represented a continuation of the initiatives of the Government Commission on Economic Development and Integration to modernise single-industry towns. The main objectives of the programme are to secure diversification of the economy of single-industry towns and reducing economic dependence on core enterprises.
Among the priorities of the program are:
- supporting the development of education in the area
- preservation of cultural heritage
- development of the health system
- creating the conditions for the promotion of healthy lifestyles
- support for socially vulnerable groups
In each of these areas the Fund has achieved tangible results.
- reconstruction and repair of 21 schools and five kindergartens
- construction of a new kindergarten - the first in 20 years in the Krasnodar region
- provision of mobile PCs for primary school students in all schools within the Ust-Labinsk area
Preservation of cultural heritage included:
- reconstruction of the Alexander fortress built by Alexander Suvorov in the 18th century
- restoration and equipping of the regional historical museum
- overhaul of the "Kuban" cultural and leisure centre
- construction of four churches and two chapels
Support and development of the health system included:
- overhaul and equipment of seven obstetric units and four clinics
- creation of a modern diagnostic laboratory at CRH
- provision for CRH of modern medical equipment, including artificial respirator, ultrasound and intensive care unit complex
- provision of eight ambulances, a reanimobile, mobile fluorography and gynecological surgeries, a disinfection installation
- provision for Regional Hospital of 64-slice CT scanner
- reconstruction of the "Kuban" stadium
- overhaul the “Torch" sport complex in the Voronezhskaya village
- construction of 14 universal stadiums with artificial turf
- support for the basketball club "Laba"
Creating the conditions for a healthy lifestyle included:
Support for socially vulnerable groups included:
- a pension program and an initiative program to support the veterans of the Second World War
- overhaul the water supply system in 3 settlements
- targeted support for the poor and homeless
Other Fund projects in the region are:
- The "Our favorite doctor" competition: provides financial support for top health workers
- The "Year of the English Language" program: English teachers participate in seminars and training sessions with native speakers with the winners of this competition win a trip to London
- “The Decent Start": a program working with children from orphanages in the Ust-Labinsk area
- Dissemination of the V. Shatalov learning system in mathematics, physics, astronomy, and drawing
- Support for gifted children: 289 children from the region received scholarships, 100 were awarded targeted grants
- Professional Development: 18 teachers received a second qualification in teaching children with mental disabilities
- Financial assistance for the Victory Day celebrations for veterans of the Second World War
- Support and development of football in the Ust-Labinsky area
- Support and development of motoball
The results of the program in Ust-Labinskiy area
6 stadiums with natural turf
14 universal stadiums with artificial turf